Position: News Programme producer
(IPE Factors: Impact & Innovation)
- A programmes producer is one of the most integral members of any production team.
- Takes all the elements of a newscast (packages, video, graphics, etc.) and compiles them into a cohesive show.
- Work in conjunction with the programme studio director and producers and create the quality content for the show.
- Ensure contents are developed using Specific programme methodology and psychology.
- Ensure that this is carried out by meeting with the producers, programmes studio director and floor manager in daily pre-production meetings for the show.
- Inform the producers in pre-production meetings of the direction of each show:
- Creative treatment specifics
- Tactical approach to interviews.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with the technical director and team in the control room to ensure the smooth running of the show.
- Ensure producers work with regulatory considerations and political correctness
- Develop creative content for shows to project commercial viability
- Review the statistics from the show and analyse them for reports and feedback to the supervising producer on movement forward.
- Submit reports based on these with analysis and comment.
- Write the script for programmes
- Organize the show, to ensure that there is good ‘flow’.
- Gather leads for possible stories.
- Monitor the wire agencies/network feeds for potential stories.
- Ensure videos are edited for voice-overs.
- Keep in touch with reporters and crew in the field in order to monitor how stories are developing.
- Write in-show and pre-show teases.
- Co-ordinate live shots.
- Production skill
- Excellent Writing Skills
- Script Writing
- Coordination skill
- Interpersonal relations skill
- First degree in Mass Communication, Humanities or its equivalent. Post Graduate qualification will be an added advantage
Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar position.